Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Will travel for gemstones!

As the energy and spirit behind my two businesses, I recently returned from buying at the fall G&LW and JOGS tradeshows in Tucson, Arizona, which showcased the latest in both fake and natural jewelry products (loose and finished). There was a third show that I did not attend, Best Bead Show, just to let you know of another show in conjunction. All three of these are smaller, condensed versions of the traditional and widely-known February show. I drove all the way to Tucson, which is about 216 miles/4 hours from Prescott. It was a little hard on the highways heading down but a breeze coming back home to the cooler temperatures.

The real success of my trip was my much-hunted selections of gemstones and metal findings that I strongly believe will be hot and profitable for both myself and my customers in their jewelry designs. I found some Roman replica links and pendants, cast in brass as an alternative metal to gold, that will be wonderful to work with. I felt like I was on a fishing trip where half the fun was the beautiful surroundings and displays inside the hotels, and the other half is the catch: the gemstone beads that are the "keepers." It's also very important for me to add color to my merchandising mix in order to keep people coming back enthusiastically for a look or some shopping. When you visit my website this week at sharonunlimited.com, you will start to notice new pops of color!

Aside from the buying and my passion for being in Tucson, one of my favorite experiences is the opportunity to network offline and give vendors with a familiar face a little extra "hello." I also hit up Sushi-Cho for a sushi fix followed by a BTO yogurt.

So come on over to sharonunlimited.com and join me on my website to see what's new. Here are a few things to get your appetite rolling:
For further information about me or with help when planning to go to tradeshows, you may contact me at sharon@sharonunlimited.com. xo, Sharon Marzonie

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin