Sunday, June 2, 2013

Time to be Strong

"Death makes angels of us all
and gives us wings
where we had shoulders."
-Jim Morrison

A part of my heart is sad as I write today's post. I lost someone I care about and love on May 21st: my great aunt down in Tequesta, Florida. Her niece, my aunt, is feeling it pretty hard. Although I have sent cards to some of the family, I felt myself moved to express myself to her purely, sincerely and lovingly. She is in my thoughts and prayers.

I like the words of Jim Morrison. I hope that when we lose someone, they are in a place of peace. I hope they go to a heaven that is happy and calm and soothing to their soul.

It may sound silly, but at times like this, I like to wear certain pieces of my jewelry with animals. In Native American spirituality, the animals are believed to instill the wearer with courage, strength, and other qualities depending on which animals. I hope my aunt feels the love, compassion, and support of those around her.
Xo, Sharon Marzonie

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin