Thursday, September 25, 2014

Café Gråmunken | Stockholm

One of my favorite cafés in Stockholm is called Café Gråmunken. It is a traditional coffee shop, occupying two small floors in a building from medieval times. It is located on Gamla Stan (Old Town), Stockholms län, one of my favorite places.

What makes this place special is the old, dark stone vault on the lower floor. Gråmunken, which means "the Grey Monk," was what the Cistercian and Franciscan monks were commonly known as. I wish I was able to get a few pictures of this vault, but it was closed off at the time.

This café would be especially nice on a chilly fall/winter day or evening, when all you want to do is cozy up indoors and enjoy a hot coffee drink, take a break and write postcards or poetry. It has also has a special ambiance that is a darkness of lightness, if that makes sense.




I almost refused to write a post about something as typical as coffee today, but I wanted an excuse to share some more artsy photos around Stockholm. Oh, and to tell you the lattés here are good and strong, just like the Swedes and I like them.

Have a beautiful Thursday! Love, Sharon

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin