Sunday, September 14, 2014

I Protest Perfection | 30 Days of Indie Travel, Day 26

In response to the Indie 30 Day Travel Project, Day 26 The Perfect Trip, I would like to protest perfection!

Perfect is a heavy word to me, and there really is no perfection (unless you are counting the moment we are in right now); there is only what works for each of us on a very personal level over time. One cannot travel like I do or do the work I did previously, be on this amazing home exchange for 3 months, and be perfect. So do I have the need or desire to fantasize what the perfect trip would be like, smiling at an image that is free of flaws and mishaps, never a miscommunication, no getting lost or back tracking, always able to buy something? No, I really don't.

Forgive me Indie Travel / Bootsnall folks. I really do enjoy being a part of this exercise and community, but in the end perfection crushes our soul, kills adventure, causes us to skirt our individually, and makes us think we are in control. I surrender to life in the moment I am living right now, which is unpredictable and splendidly as imperfect as it may be. I no longer want to be perfect at shielding my vulnerability, and I don't even know what that looks like and I don't have to have it all so figured out. With love & respect, Sharon

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin