Saturday, September 6, 2014

Stadsodlarfestivalen | Stockholm

Please allow me to spam you with some colorful photos from today's Urban Gardening Festival held at Fatbursparken, Södermalm, Stockholm.



The emphasis was organic farming and permaculture. It was a 50/50 split between those vendors selling their bounty of baked goods, seeds, jams, organic beauty products, eccetera and those with displays only, as their land rights where governed by the state and municipality, therefore they could not commercially sell anything (but give it away if they chose to). I came home with black cabbage (similar to kale), multi-colored cherry tomatoes, geranium shortbread cookies, aronia relish, bread with dashes of beet root, a handful of portlak, not to mention all the samples I tried!

There was also a unique method to get people in touch with their roots: gardening roots that is, by way of a Planting  Performance where a person, as if they were a flower, is planted in a pot to grow. I really enjoyed this 4-minute experience and the little story that came with it. It touched my heart, my feet loved it, and I think I grew a couple centimeters! I also learned to make small containers for seeds (see packets) with colorful paper, recycling catalogs. Love, Sharon

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin